2005 V6 Sonata oil filter

Sort of a dilema. I am not sure which filter to use for this car. Which is the better one to use and what is the part number. Went to my local Wally World and the book they had for FRAM only covered the 2004 model.

I have read here that some feel FRAM is inferior which if this si the case what is better and also include the part number.

I had a similar problem with my 04 F150 but stuck with motorcraft for filters. Also for a few months parts seem to be hidden and no one really knew what to use.

Second thing, is there any Hyundai web site where there are groups that people discuss things for their cars? I had one for my F150 which came in very handy when wanting to know things such as this as well as other things.

Reply to
schallerp

The last time I had the 2003 Accent in for servicing, I stopped at the parts desk to buy some filters for the Accent and the 350L. Much to my surprise, they told me all Hyundais use the same filter.

Reply to
Joe Kaffe

That's true and not only that, but they've been using the same one since the early '90s. They all use the Purolator #14459 or equivalent from other brands. You can also use the #24458, which is ~40% longer and has more filter area.

I'd stay away from Fram filters, as they're junk. Purolators are consistently highly rated (the Pure One in particular) and cost about the same.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

What brand to they use when you take your Sonata V6 to the dealer where you bought the car ??

Reply to
ogato88

They use Hyundai branded filters, but I don't know who actually makes them.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

"Sort of a dilema. I am not sure which filter to use for this car. Which is the better one to use and what is the part number. Went to my local Wally World and the book they had for FRAM only covered the 2004 model. "

Don't buy the fram filter, buy the SuperTech filter. Seriously. It's the same as the Bosch, which is the same as the STP. AFAIK, STP makes all the filters for bosch and super tech and just prints a different name on the box and the filter can. Look at the threaded end of the filter can between all three and you'll see the exact same markings.

The nice thing is the super tech filters are always dirt cheap at wal-mart. The bosch filters are usually really spendy, and the STP is about middle of the road.

Chris

Reply to
halatos2000

Super Tech filters are made by several manufacturers and may vary from one year to the next.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom