2005 XG350 oil question

I live in Peoria AZ. In the summer I have seen it hit 110-115 regularly. I am planning to do my oil changes. I note in the XG350 2005 owner's manual
it recommends 5W-20 or 5W-30. With our summer temperature extremes I wonder if 20W-50 would be more appropriate. Also where is the oil filter located and is it spin on or cartridge? Thank you, Seamus J. Wilson

My guess is that the engineers that developed the engine have at least read about summers in Arizona, if not actually have been there at some time. If 20W-50 was appropriate, they may have put a footnote for Arizona drivers.

Much valuable information at www.hmaservice.com Sign up for a free account. Check the "Site Requirements" to be sure you get the picture viewer from Adobe. It will allow you to find a diagram showing the filter location.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Thank you Ed for the kind help. Best, Seamus J.

I live in Northern AZ (similar climate to PHX) and my Hyundai dealer recommends and uses Castrol GTX 10W30 in 2006 Sonata LX
Just my dos centavos...
P.S.- 110, in the evening, right?
Steve

If your owner's manual recommends 5W-20 or 5W-30 in your climate, 20W-50 is far too viscous.