2007 Santa Fe FWD in Snow

We currently own a 2003 Santa Fe GLS 4WD, but some strange bug crawled up my shorts and now we're looking at the 2007's.

I realize it's a tad early to ask about snow traction on an '07, but how good is the 2 wheel drive? Although it's been redesigned for '07, I assume the '06 or other years should probably be representative of how the '07 might do. And what effect would the 18" wheels have on the picture, if any?

I'm not talking about Colorado Rocky type snow, but New Mexico snow up in the Lincoln Nat'l forest around Cloudcroft. What about traction on uphill sloping gravel roads?

Thanks all for your input.

Reply to
LARRY SPITZER

Can't say for the Sanata Fe but my experience with other 4wd's is that the front drive will get stuck slightly sooner but will also be much easier to unstick with a shovel in deep snow. For a couple of inches I don't really see much difference between 4wd and fwd but the milage is usually better on a fwd as there is no loss in spinning the transfer case and extra axles.

Reply to
nothermark