Windshield Washer - 2007 Santa Fe

The windshield washer on my wife's 07 Santa Fe quit working.

I checked the fluid and although it was down a little, I filled it up. No help.

Read window fluid is just a short stream, not continuous, like with my 07 Santa Fe.

I think both are fed from the same resevoir, right?

I hear the pump motor running when trying the washer but nothing.

I'm 45 miles from nearest dealer so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
jim

No, your wife's car has its own resevoir and your car has one of its own.

So, you need a ride home? We have to know where you live in order to help like that.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You'll need to check for a pinched/blocked/cut/fallen off hose. Have an assistant operate the washer while you check. If it's coming out somewhere, that should be apparent very soon. If not, pop a hose off the nozzle and see if fluid comes out.

I also saw a case or two where some gunk clogged the inlet screen in the pump.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

Thanks HT, will do that tomorrow AM. There is no leakage that I saw, so will pop off a hose. Is it just a matter of popping it off really or is there something holding it on?

Both washers fed from same container?

Jim

Reply to
jim

That is so funny Edwin. I cannot imagine how you take time off from Leno's show to grace us with your humor.

I mean I was ROTFLMAO.

HAHAHAHA.

Jim

Reply to
jim

As I said in my other reply, there is no leakage.

I looked at trying to get at the hoses to pop off but I cannot see any way to get to them. Everything seems to be sealed off prohibiting me from getting to the container holding the fluid. Can you help here?

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
jim

I don't have one of these around to look at right now, but presuming the nozzles are on top of the hood, you should be able to pop a hose off from one of the nozzles from under the hood or the tee which divides the hose into two sections, one going to each nozzle. The hose should just pull off.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

I've posted 3 pictures I took of the extension pipe area where the pipe goes down into the resevoir.

I'm unable to see anyway to get to the main resevoir.

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
jim

I'm unable to see anyway to get to the main resevoir.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim,

I had a very similar problem that was caused by scummy pieces in the reservoir tank. Try this:

Take off a hose under the hood where the washer connects to the tee to the hood nozzles, and blow back through the hose. If it is this scum that has covered the filter screen on the pump, it should work at this point as you will have blown it off. This is only a temporary fix as the scum will get back on the filter quite quickly.

Use a siphon to siphon all the fluid out of the reservoir - you will likely see some of this scum I am referring to. I had to flush out the reservoir about 6 times with a garden hose on full pressure to get the scum off the walls of the reservoir. Siphon out the water each time until you see no more scum come out.

Change your windshield washer soap to another brand. Some brands are prone to this apparently. I can't remember what the brand was that caused this problem on mine as I threw it out. I fought this problem for 6 months before I finally fixed it by doing this procedure and it's now about 8 months later and no further problems.

Larry

Reply to
Larry

Thanks for the info Larry. I have no idea what brand is being used. It is all taken care of when I/She gets the oil and filter changed. The last time at a Hyundai dealer in Ft. Myers Fl.

I would love to take the hose off but the current problem I have is locating where to get to the the tee. As far as I can tell there is no access area for that. I can't even see where the hoses go to the outlets in front of the windshield.

I suppose if I can get the hoses off and they aren't filled with the scum, I can take my pressure washer to the reservoir, but don't want to do that until I get something opened up for it to drain.

Are you talking about an 07 Santa Fe also? If so, I'd sure like to know how to get to the hose/reservoir connection.

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
jim

Thanks for the info Larry. I have no idea what brand is being used. It is all taken care of when I/She gets the oil and filter changed. The last time at a Hyundai dealer in Ft. Myers Fl.

I would love to take the hose off but the current problem I have is locating where to get to the the tee. As far as I can tell there is no access area for that. I can't even see where the hoses go to the outlets in front of the windshield.

I suppose if I can get the hoses off and they aren't filled with the scum, I can take my pressure washer to the reservoir, but don't want to do that until I get something opened up for it to drain.

Are you talking about an 07 Santa Fe also? If so, I'd sure like to know how to get to the hose/reservoir connection.

Thanks,

Jim

I had the problem on a Hyundai Accent. The tee for the hose was mounted on the underside of the hood on the same side as the washer reservoir. My car has the nozzles that squirt fluid mounted on the hood. Sounds like yours are mounted behind the hood.

The reason I did the job the way I did was that the reservoir looked very difficult to remove and check/clean the inside of it. Decided that blasting it off with hose pressure and collect it with the siphon was the easiest.

Cheers, Larry

Reply to
Larry

I have been using this home made windshield cleaner in the washer for years and never had any problems, it won't freeze and it's cheap.

1/2 CUP (4oz) OF SUDSY AMMONIA 1 PINT OF 99% RUBBING ALCOHOL 1 TEASPOON OF LIQUID DISHWASHING SOAP ENOUGH WATER TO MAKE A GAL.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
B.C. MALLAM

Thanks, I printed off your recipe for when I get my situation cleared up.

Jim

Reply to
jim

If you want to access the reservoir, you'll need to partially remove the front portion of the fender liner.

But don't start there. Start at the nozzles-- they'll be easier to get to, and they could be clogged, causing your issue. Presuming the nozzles are mounted on your hood, you should be able to see where the hoses attach on the underside of the hood. If you disconnect a hose and fluid comes out freely when the washer is operated, the you can presume the nozzles are clogged. If not, the restriction is likely in the pump inlet.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech