2008 ELANTRA

I have 102000 on my 2008 Elantra, runs great still getting 38 mpg on the road. Manual says to change sparkplugs at 100000 is this really necessary?

Reply to
B.C. MALLAM

If you're willing to DIY it's easy to find out; the plugs are very easy to get at. I have almost 180k on my 2003 Elantra. IIRC I've changed the plugs at least three times and they certainly needed it (worn electrodes, out of spec gap, etc).

Reply to
Victek

It would be best to look at them now and see. That way they will not become a permanent part of the head. Use anti-seize when reinstalling.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

They may go longer, but given the cost and the fact that winter is coming, do you want worry about saving a few bucks? If you live in a cold climate, I'd do it soon rather than when it is hard starting at 4 below.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'd say change them, you have had a great run with the car why mess with it?

Reply to
Jtees4

Everything mechanical eventually wears out. Your plugs will eventually lose some of their sparking ability. It may be slow and gradual and you can plan to change them. It may be sudden when it is 10 below zero and your car won't start. For that reason, at some point I'd change them.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski