245/70R16's will fit SantaFe's (just a heads up)

Standard for the 2002 SantaFe is 225/70R16's . I had them changed out yesterday for 60,000 mile Cooper Brand Discoverer H/T tires and went up two sizes to : 245's . They dont rub or hit anything . The difference in handling and cornering is very substantial . In addition, it fills up a bit more of the wheelwells and looks better imho. These new tires are incredibly quiet and makes the ride so much more enjoyable over the factory LongTrail tires. Had Pep Boys do the work -- the tires ran $110 each.

Just a heads up.

____________________________________________ Featured Best Seller Book : "I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist" (a fair appraisal of what Atheists DO believe in for their worldview). Address:

Dave in Lake Villa

And your speedometer and odometer are now reading incorrectly. Technically, you could have just voided your warranty simply due to the odometer issue.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I dont care at all about the speedometer as it is minimally affected. As for the odometer , it is affected at about 1 percent for the life of the tires ; further, i doubt ill have the car for the entire warranty period.