97 Tiburon, Air Bag light

My "Air Bag" idiot light just came on. Can anyone clue me in to what this indicates. Is it a sensor problem, "bad" air bag, driver or passenger, etc... Any help would be appreciated, just spare me the smart ass answers please. Last time I posted with a stinky car problem and everyone assumed I was some troll. I left a 5lb. chub of hamburger in my car for 3 days in July, but that's another nasty story. Every once in a while on a warm humid day, I am reminded with a good whiff of decomposing meat coming out of my AC vents.

Reply to
The Joe Man

Jody

"The Joe Man" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@gvtc.com...

Airbag light comes up even for charging system failure; check if alternator is ok, if you don't have tools simply rev engine with room lamp on and check if it pulsates by changing engine speed; if alternator charge is poor or too rich, replace alternator regulator, it's not too expensive. Then, frequently happens that clock-spring under driver airbag has wrong resistance. In this case, code is "DAB res. high (low)" and it's necessary to replace this part (constant contact for driver airbag). Good luck, buzz

Reply to
Buzz

If you can check your charging system, that's simple enough to do. Realistically speaking, however, we can't hazard a good guess why the lamp is on without knowing the stored trouble code.

Reply to
hyundaitech