99 accent obd service port

I got a 99 accent in for service that has a check engine light on, but can not find the obd service port. I looked for over 1/2 hour, but can not find it anywhere. can someone shed some light on the location for me??

thanks, Tom

Reply to
Tom

I looked on Hmaservice.com, and the data link connector appears to be straight back - towards the firewall - from the headlight switch on the extreme left side of the car. It might even be in the fuse box - if there is one - on the left side of the car near the door hinge.

Reply to
Bob

found it! thanks. it was behind the headlight switch, but not under the dash like i thought. it was IN the dash,facing down, so i never saw it till i was getting out from looking under the dash. DOH!!!

Reply to
Tom

I've seen this occur before where the TCM requests the check engine lamp. If it comes back, make sure you read the transmission codes as well.

Reply to
hyundaitech