Do Toyota Corollas Sold In UAE (Dubai) after 2005 have OBD?

I have a software program on the PDA which connects to the OBD interface of cars and displays the statistics on the PDA screens and does other profiling etc. Although I know cars sold in US after 1996 need to have OBD, I wish to know if the Corollas sold in UAE (Dubai) through Al futtaim, have OBD on board?

Thanks in advance Suraj

Reply to
suraj

I do not know, since I'm not in the UAE. But if the cars have electronic fuel injection they most likely do have OBD-II ports on them, because that's an integral part of the computer system. The only way to find out for sure is to look or ask someone locally who knows.

That said, for a while I know they were building two versions of many Toyota cars during the transition period - the EFI and OBD-II for the US and Europe bound cars where emissions have always been tightly regulated, and carbureted cars with standard electronic ignition for the 'Third World' areas where you can not count on having access to trained mechanics with OBD-II scanners and other fancy tools.

The carbureted "old school" cars have lower power output and fuel efficiency, but you can still fix them with "field expedient methods"

- a Leatherman Multi-Tool, Timing light, Tach/Dwell/Voltmeter, Baling Wire, Bubblegum and Duct Tape. ;-)

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I do not have a definitive answer to your question, but the diagnostic port for OBD II has the same shape as a parallel port for a computer printer, while the older generation of Toyota on-board diagnostics is round. Some OBD II vehicles have 2 ports under the dash - the OBD standard port and an extra diagnostic port, while the older generation will not have a port shaped like OBD II.

Reply to
Ray O