Active Headrests ?

I believe the new Elantra, besides all the airbags, has these "active headrests" that activate in case of a crash.

What is the purpose of these, and how do they function to prevent whip lash ? Have never had a car with them.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

They move forward to keep your head in an upright position. There is information in the manual about them.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I didn't know active head restraints had been implemented in the Elantra. That's really good news.

Reply to
Victek