brake shudder (judder)

2002 elantra (30k) , at high speed braking bad shudder, the car sits 3-4 days at a time....

Used to be garaged until 4 months ago now its in a carport wonder if rust build up could be it, maybe I'll try the repeated quick stop thingy.

What I was wondering is that I have the factory 100k bumper to b deal.. is this covered if it is indeed rotors ??

Thanks guys

Reply to
Michael

If it is rust, most times a few stops clean it off. It may pay you to try the hard stop thing a couple of times though.

Brake pads are a wear item and covered 1 year/12,000 miles, but I'm not sure if the rotors are covered under the 5 year/60,000 mile or not. Was it longer in '02? Check your manual

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Rotors are covered 5/60. Doubt if any extended warranty will cover them. Rusting is not covered as that's not considered a defect.

Reply to
hyundaitech