Elantra 92: How to replace the feeder tubes on the power steering gear box?

The shorter feeder tube on the power steering gear box developed a pinhole due to corrosion.

Can these tubes be replaced without removing the gear box from the vehicle?

14 mm seems to be the wrench size (a 13 mm wrench does not fit while an open-end 14 mm wrench fits a little loosely for my taste...)

Can these tubes be removed from under the car? The exhaust pipe is in the way; should I remove it?

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Reply to
Jean Castonguay

Jean, If you cant find the right wrench for the job do what I do, Use the International Canadien Open End Adjustable Metric Cresant Wrench. The Only wrench you will ever need in your tool box. Along with the Ronco 1 size fits all screwdriver.

'][unez

Reply to
']['unes

I think it'll round off for sure if you use an adjustable. There are special "line wrenches" for this type application that are similar to open end wrenches, except that the ends of the open end wrap around a little, allowing you to grab the corners of the nut as well.

As to replacement, I can't offer much advice. I've never had to do it, and I don't recall enough about the vehicle's layout to provide advice.

Reply to
hyundaitech