Engine cranks but won't start - help!

Greetings!

I drive a Hyundai Sonata 2.4 GLS EXE. The late 2010 model (engine GK4E). Sh e is my pride and joy. But I have a serious problem and I am hoping someone in the group has some advice for me.

The problem: the engine cranks but she won't start!

In January of this year we replaced her tappets. After 300,000 km they star ted making a noise. In November of last year her serpentine belt was replac ed. Her performance is great and she sounds good after the aforementioned s ervices. But then she started leaking oil. The mechanic at first could not find the leak. He suggested we clean her underneath and then drive around t o see if he can find fresh oil. He did and resealed the SUMP. When I collec ted her she started normally and while idling at the workshop just stalled and wouldn't start again. My husband says it seems like a problem with the relay and intermittent start. The fuses seem fine. He swapped them around t o test if one of them is malfunctioning.

Anyone else ever come across this problem? How was it fixed?

Reply to
Marisa Louw