Entourage TPMS

The tip of a valve stem broke off while I was checking the tyre pressure on my Entourage.

The local dealer quote $165(Canadian) for a new TPMS sensor assembly plus $50 to reprogramme the system. This seems way out of line to me. Has anyone else needed to replace a TPMS sensor, and what did it cost?

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

Reply to
Indrek Aavisto

Ebay???

Steve

Reply to
Steve Richards

SR> Ebay???

SR> Steve

The local garage installed a new valve stem for $35. Of course the TPMS light stays on, but at least I know the valve stem is OK. I'll just have to check tyre pressures the old fashioned way.

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

Reply to
Indrek Aavisto

Sadly that sounds about right. I asked when I purchased my Azera with TPMS and the service manager said if they need to be replaced they are about $400 each tire (parts and labor US cost) so I'd say he was right on the money.

Reply to
John Doe