front wheel bearing warranty

I have a 1999 Elantra with 57000 miles. It recently started to make a noise from the front driver's side. It gets louder when turning right and softer when turning left. I put new tires, checked brakes without any improvement. It looks like I have a wheel bearing problem. Are front wheel bearings covered by original owner 100,000miles/10years warranty? If not, how much dealers charge for this job?

Thank you, Lenja

Reply to
lenja

What country are you in? You need to call a dealer, they can tell you.

Reply to
Xiaoding

Wheel bearings are part of the drivetrain and are covered under the 5/60 part of the warranty. That means they're probably not covered on your car. You can figure ~$250 per corner for wheel bearing replacement. The bearings are cheap, but it's labor intensive to replace them.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

In the U.S., the front bearings are covered by the 10/100 powertrain warranty.

Reply to
hyundaitech

OOPS! I got the powertrain and bumper-to-bumper warrantys confused. Thanks for correcting me.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

I went to a Hyundai dealer and the bearing was replaced. It was $178 in total and covered by warranty. I paid nothing. Thanks to everyone who answered my question and especially Hyundaitech.

Lenja

Reply to
lenja