Wheel Bearing?

98 Blazer, 70K. Got low tone humming noise from front end, (I think). All speeds, worse when turning left, none when turning right. Jacked up all four wheels and ran in 4WD--no noise. Spun all wheels by hand and felt OK. Rotated tires--no help. Whadaya think? Wheel bearing? CV joint? Front diff? brody
Reply to
brody

I would think wheel bearings. you ran it in 4wd. No load on the wheel bearings. What about front bug shield, or window trim?

Reply to
Bill

"brody" wrote

The right front wheel bearing is the most likely culprit.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Thanks. Guess I'll wait until it gets worse to verify.

brody

Reply to
brody

It seems that the hubs on those trucks just plain sucked for some reason, I have a 99 jimmy with 90k on it and the bearing started making noise around

75k I just got around to being able to afford to fix it.

Reply to
Adam F

On our truck it was so bad that you couldnt hear the radio at 55mph, and when I took the old one off I couldnt even tell it was really bad by hand turning it. and when it was on the truck the wheel was tight, meaning you couldnt take the wheel by 12-6 or 9-3 with it off the ground and wiggle any, so I just changed it really without knowing just assuming.

Reply to
Adam F

FYI, it WAS the right front hub bearing. Out the door paid $668.25 at Chevy dealer in bay area. brody

Reply to
brody