Fuel line hose Assembly

Good Evening. I have a Sonata 2000 V6 with 91000 kms and I had to replace the fuel line hose assembly last week. Does anyone had to replace this fuel line hose assembly? If you hade to replace this hose please tell me. It looks that is a safety problem with this car.

Thank you,

Catalin.

PS: Is one of the hoses going into the engine. It is a high pressure hose ( Can$ 169 + labor ). My e-mail is snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com .

Reply to
catman

I replaced one of these on a 1999 sonata V6 a few months back. Car had about 85,000 miles on it. It was not leaking yet but the outer rubber layer was in very poor condition. It seems that the power steering pressure hose suffers the same problem, if you have not had that line replaced yet you should probably check it. The fuel hose is definately a DIY job if you are even moderately mechanically inclined. The high pressure hose for the power steering is a little more work but certainly doable in a driveway.

Chris

Reply to
halatos2000