HYUNDAI 2005 TUSON brakes lock up

Hi all. Sunday while traveling about 35mph on a damp roadway drying off. The brakes locked up all 4 wheels and the L/F kept unlocking and locking. I came to a controled stop--no one in back of me. I was NOT stepping on the gas and brake at the same time as the dearler suggested. when It started I took my foot off the gas and it still locked up untill I came to a full stop HAS ANYONE HEARD OR KNOWS OF SOMETHING LIKE THIS? please post or E- mail me snipped-for-privacy@aol.com dearler is going to talk to a Factory REP and get back to me.

Reply to
jakebucky

The most common causes of a situation like this are a misadjusted brake pedal switch, master cylinder pushrod, or pedal pushrod, causing the brakes to be partially applied all the time. As the brakes heat up, they expand and begin to lock. That doesn't mean this is the issue with your car, however.

Your dealer will be able to provide you the best information right now. They have the car and can inspect it and run actual tests.

Reply to
hyundaitech

The distance traveled was less than 1/2 mile on a very cool morning. The first time the car was run that day. thanks jake bucky WJS

Reply to
jakebucky

In that case, I'd be looking for some sort of weird ABS/ESP malfunction. But, unless it's present at the time of diagnosis, it may be nearly impossible to find. Hopefully, the dealer is also in contact with Hyundai technical assistance.

Reply to
hyundaitech