Hyundai IX35 brakes??

Hello! I have Hyundai IX 35, 06/2010.

2.0 CRDi, 4x4 -automatic I need help! Please In how many kilometars i must changing the front brakes?? I have 23 000 km and maybe, brakes are exhausted? End-finished-dead?? How many km they must endure?? E-mail; snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
Reply to
Benjamin

Impossible to say. Driving conditions matters, not miles. If you drive city all the time, they don't last for crap. If you do a lot of highway, they can last 150,000km with no problem. Yours may very well be shot.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

But 23 000 km??! :-(

Reply to
Benjamin

"Benjamin" wrote

Yes, very possible. When I lived in Philadelphia, it was common for brakes to wear out in that time (about 15,000 miles). Many traffic lights and stop signs at almost every block. Add to that, poor driving habits where you brake hard and they can be gone in half that time.

No one here knows where you live, how you drive, what roads you use so it is impossible to give an accurate assessment.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

"Benjamin" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@news.vip.hr...

In my experience, brakes of that ones new Hyundai cars last far less than that one you go changing (i am talking of original spare parts). may be the original brake pads coming out from car factory are less lasting for some mysterious reason ...

Reply to
Zotto

Not really very mysterious. You can make brakes from many different compounds. They all strike balance between stopping distance, pedal pressure required, and noise. To achieve those goals, wear per stop is a factor.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski