Intake plenum V6 2.7L torque specs & tigntening pattern?

Santa Fe '03 2.7 Litre motor, to get to the back plugs must remove the intake plenum. I got a new gasket, but wonder whether there is a recommeneded tightening pattern for the 5 bolts to minimize warping.... and what the torque specs might be. I could not find anything about the plenum on the hma website searching for plenum, tune up, spark plug, and intake.

TIA. KWW

Reply to
KWW

The manual doesn't show a torque sequence, but it does list the torque at

11-14 ft.-lb. In general, you want to start in the center and work outward when tightening the bolts/nuts.

Once you've entered the vehicle model and year in the service information section, select the shop tab, Engine Mechanical, Intake and Exhaust System, Intake Manifold, and the top INSTALLATION link. Although the information is sparse, it does have some pictures and the torque information at the top of the page.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Generally, a specific sequence isn't required for bolt torque values this low as the part distortion is pretty small and not sufficient to cause permanent part deformation.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Thanks for both the responses!