long time shifting

I have a 99 elantra it seems like it should change out gears quicker than it does. If you let off the gas it will change out otherwise it take a few seconds longer.

Reply to
nascars29

The transmission shifts based on engine speed and vehicle speed (or more precisely, input and output speed of the trans), and throttle position. I believe you may have a power-normal button on this car. Check to see if it is in the normal position. If not, put it there. It is designed to change the shift points to either a sporty or economy style of driving. Also, if it won't accelerate properly, you may have your foot depressing the accelerator more, which will delay shifting to the next higher gear.

Reply to
hyundaitech