Looking at '08 Santa Fe Limited AWD

Just curious if anyone has any first-hand experience with these. Consumer Reports just rated it #1 in the mid-sized SUV category, they offer $2000 cash back they end of month, and the 'best warranty in the business.' I took one for a test drive two days ago for about 15 minutes, and really liked it.

I'm not too serious with buying yet, but was wondering how people like this model...?

Thank you for any and all information you can provide.

Reply to
Michael Reinders

We've got a 07 FWD version, haven't had any major complaints or problems, and 07 was the first year for the new Sante Fe.

Reply to
Paradox

I have a Sonata that shares the same engine and, I believe, the same transmission. It has 32,000 trouble free, smooth running miles. A few years ago I used to laugh at Hyundai, but they are now a well made car that offers very good value. The Santa Fe is nice, very nice.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Purchased an 07 for my wife in June to replace her Durango. We both love this car. So much in fact that in August I purchased a 2nd Ltd AWD to replace my Jeep GC Ltd. I like it even better. Between us we've put on nearly 30K miles and they're a joy to drive.

Reply to
bobmct

Reply to message from "Michael Reinders" (Fri, 14 Mar 2008 20:07:36) about "Looking at '08 Santa Fe Limited AWD":

MR> Just curious if anyone has any first- hand experience with these. MR> Consumer Reports just rated it #1 in the mid-sized SUV category, they MR> offer $2000 MR> cash back they end of month, and the

Well this past Saturday I traded my baby (2005 Tiburon GT V6) for a 2008 Santa Fe Limited with Pkg 16 (towing, 3rd row seats, Rear Seat Entertainment) FWD. I know you asked about AWD but judging from the rest of your post you are new to Hyundai and I figure you'd probably appreciate any feedback. Besides unless in AWD mode the two should have very similar driving feel.

In the Limited edition, new for 2008 vs 2007 is the excellent 10 Speaker

605W Infinity 6 Disk CD player with XM Satellite radio as standard. Also standard is a tilt / slide moonroof.

The vehicle is excellent in the road - smooth, quiet and poised. It also has good power and the engine is refined. Fit and finish are excellent.

Another home run from Hyundai. You need to test drive one yourself. You will be amazed.

MR> 'best warranty in the business.' I took one for a test drive two days MR> ago for about 15 minutes, and really liked it.

The warranty is the best in the business and that is largely why I have purchased 6 Hyundais ever the past 19 years.

Best Regards Wayne Moses Tue, 18 Mar 2008 07:47:07 -0500

Wayne Moses