New XM Radio Contract

I have purchased an 2013 Elantra equipped with XM Sirius radio on August

21st. XM gave me a free 90 day trial and I enjoy the service. Today, I received a card in the mail advising me my subscription would terminate on November 21st, and they would be willing to extend it for another 90 days at only $2.95/month in lieu of their usual $15.99/month charge. This charge of $2.95/month would commence on November 21st and run until January 21st, 2013. Sounds like a good plan, but I'm just wondering if XM wants to sucker me into waiting until January 2013 so that any new contract made in the new year will cost a good percentage more than it would now. I realize it's kind of skeptical on my part but these days, my trust is not to strong in communications companies. Anyone have an opinion of what I should do? I have until October 31st to decide.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

Only you can answer your question. The inflation rate in the USA is running about 12%-16% so you know XM will go up by about $2.00 per month per contract year. Maybe you can ask them about previous rate hike timing.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

He'd still be ahead. Saving $39 is still a good deal if it went up $24 over the next year. I'd take advantage of it. I'd also read the fine print as it may also roll over to a full subscription if you do nothing.

It is possible to get deals from them. I did not like the way they handled the change from my old car to the new one so they gave me internet listening access for free. Now I can listen from work and from home when on the computer.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski