Q for Hyundaitech?

Re: 2007 Santa Fe Ltd AWD

Ever have a vacuum motor control disconnect itself from the temperature/airflow dampers before?

If so, how difficult was the repair? Any idea what else might cause the driver's side air vent temp to become inoperatble?

Reply to
bobmct

I am not Hyundaitech, and I don't now the answer, but if you have under 60K miles on the vehicle (as a second owner), wouldn't this be covered under the warranty?

Reply to
JayR

Original owner - 42K miles. I brought it in today and the dealer had to special order the part. Due in tomorrow. I'll let you know!

Reply to
bobmct

I think it will be completely covered by the warranty. I have a 2004 Santa Fe and I'm the second owner. When I took it in while it was around 55,000 miles, they fix the clock and that was covered. I think the Hyundai warranty is great and I will be buying a newer Santa Fe soon because: 1) I like the vehicle; and, 2) I like the warranty.

Reply to
JayR

I see I'm a little late to the party, but I've never seen a vacuum actuator disconnect. I have seen a manual cable/cam disconnect, however. Nonetheless, neither of these have anything to do with your car-- all the actuators are electric. Most likely, the actuator died.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Well I'm glad you finally made it to the party! I am old hat and referenced vacuum motor just because.

Well, the dealer was excellent and overnighted the replacement actuator motor and installed it. Works like a champ now and my cost was absolutely zero! After owning BMWs and JGC's for a couple of decades I'm really impressed so far with the Santa Fe. In fact my brother in law has an '06 Sonata with 517K miles and has only replaced struts, brakes and tires.

Thanks all

Reply to
bobmct

Is that a typo?

Reply to
Partner

NOPE! Not a tyeo. 517K+ miles. He wants me to take a picture of him, the car and the odometer reading to share somewhere.

He's a courier and travels between Maine and NYC all the time.

Reply to
bobmct