Question about Power-Train warranty

I am the original owner of a 2000 Sonata GLS V6 with automatic with

63,000 miles. I have very recently noticed just a small amount of fluid leakage from the trannie.

Will this little leak be covered by the power train warranty. HyundaiTech, anyone?

Old_Timer

Reply to
Old_Timer

As long as it's coming from the transmission itself, probably. Just about the only possible leaks there that wouldn't be covered would be the input, output, and vehicle speed sensor seals, and of course, impact damage.

If the leak is coming from the cooler hoses, cooler, or radiator, it'll be your responsibility. If it's leaking in the area of the radiator fitting, replace the radiator immediately. I've seen a few of these mix coolant and transmission fluid.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

You should only be good up to 60,000 miles. After that, you're out of warranty. Have you already had your trans fluid flushed and the gasket replaced? I had mine done at around 70k from the dealership and I don't remember it being that much...maybe less than $200 for all the servicing.

- Thee Chicago Wolf

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf

Is the powertrain warranty not good for 100k; Or is that a new phenomenon? Vineeth

Reply to
Vineeth

Powertrain warranty is 100k. Double check what's covered in your Hyundai manual.

- Thee Chicago Wolf

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf

Before you stated that the power train warrnaty expired at 60,000 miles. Here is a qoute of your posting -

George Smith

Reply to
George Smith

Old Timer / George Smith,

I wasn't clear when I said that. The dealership told me the transmission is covered up to 60k. Either they lied to me or the warranty is not the whole transmission. This is what I was basing that assessment on with respect the transmission leak question. Here's a snippet from the Hyundai Warranty site:

"10 YEAR / 100,000 MILES POWERTRAIN PROTECTION: Covers most engine & transaxle components."

Covers repair or replacement of powertrain components (i.e. selected Engine and Transmission/Transaxle components), originally manufactured or installed by Hyundai that are defective in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance. Coverage applies to Original Owner only effective with 2004 Model Year and newer model year vehicles. On 1999-2003 Model Years, coverage applies to Original Owner and immediate family members (i.e. wife, husband, daughter, son, stepdaughter, stepson).

Second and/or subsequent owners have powertrain components coverage under the 5 year / 60,000 mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Excludes coverage for vehicles in commercial use (i.e. taxi, route delivery, delivery service, rental, etc.).

- Thee Chicago Wolf

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf