Re: Determining oil change intervals via analysis

Thanks for stopping in, Ian. I haven't been over to the GM forums lately since my time away from GM is now getting larger and larger.

I left GM not long after the introduction of the latest Trailblazer/Envoy/Bravada. As I recall, these vehicles had the oil life monitor that would go as high as 10k miles. My concern was that it was possible to get oil sludge and clog the passages to the variable valve timing mechanism. Have there been any problems with this, and if so, did the owners appear to change the oil as recommended?

Reply to
hyundaitech