Re: Realistic gas mileage for '05 Sante Fe

Funny you should post this now. I just returned from a trip to Florida, 1523 miles [round trip]. I kept close track of my mileage to see what it really would be. My '04 with a 2.7L averaged 26.4 mpg for the highway portion of the trip. The part I really liked was the cruising range, 420 miles between fill-ups. I had the cruise control set at 75 for the majority of the time. Very satisfied.

I am considering purchasing a mini-SUV, and the Sante Fe is one > consideration. However, I'm a bit concerned about getting some > realistic estimate of the gas mileage. > > 95%+ of my driving will be highway. > > The 2.7L engine seems to offer the best mileage, but only has a 4speed > auto transmission. > > The 3.5L engine is larger, but also has the option of a 5speed auto > transmission. > > Can someone give me an idea of realistic highway mileage for either of > the above engines, for a GLS or LX? > > Thx. >
Reply to
fhm

My 2002 4 cyl auto FWD, averages 28 using Marathon or Shell gasoline on the highway, 20 city. But use BP or Citgo & 13 city, 18 hwy. So try it with yours.

fhm wrote:

Florida, 1523

portion of

Reply to
theawesome1

"theawesome1" wrote: > My 2002 4 cyl auto FWD, averages 28 using Marathon or Shell > gasoline on > the highway, 20 city. But use BP or Citgo & 13 city, 18 hwy. > So try > it with yours. > > > fhm wrote: > > Funny you should post this now. I just returned from a trip > to > Florida, 1523 > > miles [round trip]. I kept close track of my mileage to see > what it > really > > would be. My '04 with a 2.7L averaged 26.4 mpg for the > highway > portion of > > the trip. The part I really liked was the cruising range, > 420 miles > between > > fill-ups. > > I had the cruise control set at 75 for the majority of the > time. > > Very satisfied. > >

My 2000 2.7 averages 26 mpg (imperial gallon), with a 50/50 mix of town and motorway driving (urban / highway).

The car has the 4 sp auto gearbox, and no cruise control.

Reply to
H11LGX