Small oil leak question

I am the original owner of a 2000 Sonata GLS. It has 66,000 miles. Therefore the drivetrain warranty is still in effect. I have a small oil leak from the engine. I say engine because it doesn't look like trannie fluid. Some drips on the garage floor.

Can anyone tell me if the drive train warranty covers this problem?

Old_Timer

Reply to
Jan

The dealer certainly can. IMO, it should be covered, but my translation does not count.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

There maybe a time limit as well as mileage, as I found out when the door locks on my 2001 Elantra failed. Within the specified mileage but outside of the 5 year limit.

Reply to
Irwell

If it's actually from the engine (and not a maintenance item such as the oil filter), then yes, it should be covered by the 10/100 powertrain warranty. Of course, if it's from the power steering system, radiator, or hoses, then it's not covered.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech