Sonata too fast???

If so, I'll pass on that, too.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

I'm glad you posted this since I am having the same experience with a 2004

3.5L Santa Fe that I just bought. I thought I wanted the bigger engine for safety reasons in case I ever need to accelerate quickly while entering traffic etc. I bought 4WD because I want to have that available for driving in snow but I can already see myself just spinning wheels every I try to start out on snow-filled roads.

Everyone keeps telling me "maybe you just have to get used to it" but it's been about 2 weeks so far and that's not happening. I have been driving for

41 years, have driven many different vehicles and trucks, and even have a job now where I have to drive 6 or 7 different vehicles from a fleet -- and I never experienced this in any other vehicles. I am actually thinking of selling the Santa Fe that I just bought and either buying a 2.7L or looking at other 4WD vehicles.

One thing I have figured out helps a little. I place my foot on the gas pedal where it is unusually high up on the pedal and I am able to modulate the startups a little better, but it's still a pain to have to deal with.

Reply to
BETA-2K

I'm not going to sell the car because of it and I don't have a "serious" problem, but . . . . . .

Anything that comes up with so many people not liking the sensitivity must mean something. In 45 years of driving, there have been some touchy clutches, touchy brakes, etc. My wife has little wheel time so far on the Sonata, but she feels it is very sensitive. Perhaps is can somehow be adjusted, just like the mouse sensitivity on your computer. That would be nice.

If enough people mention it, perhaps Hyundai will take a new look at the throttle setup.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
The ancient mariner

Hopefully, someone at Hyundai has the job of tracking online Hyundai-related newsgroups such as this one. It's free and uncensored public feedback, and it provides the kind of information that companies pay PR firms to collect through focus groups, surveys, etc.

Reply to
BETA-32