Santa Fe 2006 or 2007

Thinking of buying a new Santa Fe but don't know if I should buy a 2007 or a 2006 for a lot less $. Is the new design worth the extra money or would I be better off buying the 2006 and saving some money?

Reply to
Bob

Didn't you just post this question to this newsgroup a few days ago? There were answers to your question.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

The differences are pretty much the same as they were between the 2005 and 2006 model Sonatas. (No surprise since the Santa Fe is based on the Sonata platform.) The newer models have a much more advanced powertrain, and no timing belts to replace. When we bought our 2006 Sonata we gave passing throught to possibly getting a 2005 leftover, but abandoned that idea quickly after comparing the engineering features. (My $.02 worth...)

Reply to
pdp11