Towing hitch electrical hookup

Hi, I installed a hitch last year on my 2005 Santa Fe to use my hitch mounted bike rack. I put off installing the wiring for the lights as I wasn't using it for anything. I have a small pop-up camper I haven't used in a few years and have decided to break it out and do a camping trip in a few weeks so I will need to install the wiring.

I have the T-wiring harness but I'm not sure of the sequence to remove floor and wall panels in the back to install it. Are there any guides that could help with this? Anyone on the group that's done this before that could lend me a clue?

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

Actually, you probably need only to remove the tail lamps. In all the factory accessory hitches I've installed, it was a simple matter of attaching the wires to the wiring at the lamps and attaching a ground lug behind the bumper.

Reply to
hyundaitech

On my 2005 Kia Sedona, I had to remove the right rear taillight and plug in between the lamp and wiring harness. Then remove the plastic strip that runs from side to side on the floor and put the wiring under it. Then route the wire into the storage area where the jack is located on the left rear wall where you can also access the wiring to the left taillight and plug in there. Maybe your setup is similar. The trailer plug and wiring is then stowed inside the access panel when you aren't using it.

Reply to
Tom

Thanks Tom and Hyundaitech.

I'll give this a try and report back how it goes.

Regards, Jon

Reply to
Zeppo