Wanted: Receiver Hitch for 97 Outback Wagon Legacy near SanFrancisco

Class I or II is fine. Will pull trailer, either UHAUL or used trailer. Does anyone know if this hitch can be easily modified to carry a bike rack later, after I use the trailer?

I don't have access to DRILL or WELDER. The new Reese receiver hitch doesn't require drill or welding, but it is new and I'd rather buy used. thanks. I am in East Bay of Sanfrancisco now, and will be moving to Colorado with trailer.

Reply to
Arlene

go to

Enter vehicle info. I bought a hidden hitch class II receiver with drawbar for $112.00. Wiring adapter is $34 or so. NO DRILLING was necessary on my 04 OBW. Four bolts thats it. It took longer to drop the charcoal canister than to install hitch. You can easily purchase a hitch rack to use when not towing.
has 3 bike tilting rack for $79.00. Good luck

Reply to
Jkpoulos7

I agree with the etrailer.com recommendation. I got the hitch and the wiring harness from there and it couldn't have been any easier. My only complaint was that the hitch didn't ship well via UPS and I had to spray paint a couple of the chipped edges.

Best,

-Kurt

Arlene wrote:

Reply to
Kurt C. Hack

Why did you go with the Hidden Hitch vs. the cheaper Drawtite hitch?

Jkpoulos7 wrote:

Reply to
BBB

They were exactly the same price ($112 or so) but the Hidden hitch included a drawbar a $20 value. I believe they are all made by the same parent corporation.

Reply to
Jkpoulos7