receiver hitch for bicycle rack

Is there likely to be any problem with installing a receiver hitch on the Prius so that a bike rack may be used (in conjunction with the receiver hitch)?

Walter

Reply to
Walter Lindley

I have the Coastaletech 2" receiver installed. I used the Yakima Expressway bike rack. The only issue is that the rack must be tilted downward (by removing a pin) in order to open the hatch. I've just ordered Yakima roof rack feet (I already have the Qtowers) to allow me to carry a recumbent on the roof (recumbents don't fit on the other type of carrier). Had I known this fact, I would not have purchased the hitch and hitch bike rack)

Reply to
Jonathan Kaplan

Reply to
Walter Lindley

Walter,

Christophe

"Walter Lindley" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Christophe Salvaing

I have the Thule rack (which I use with Coastal Tech's 2" receiver); I think it's called the XT4 or something like that. I can open the Prius hatch with the rack on, even if bikes are loaded, without having to do anything else.

rpm

Reply to
onerpm