Transfer of Warranty

Good morning,

As an Aussie that knows nothing about US auto policies I have a question.

If I bought a one owner, one year old, small Hyundai in North Carolina would the warranty be transferred to me.

If so would there be any reduction in the conditions..e.g. less mileage or less time(apart from that already used)?

Neville Queensland Australia

Reply to
Neville MADDEN

Your factory warranty would be 5 years/60,000 miles from original purchase new for most items (which reduces the powertrain from 10 years/100,000 mile s). Much of the audio system, paint, battery, and things considered "adjus tments" have different warranties that would transfer as well.

If you send it to Australia, I expect you'll have difficulty getting warran ty service.

Reply to
hyundaitech

purchase new for most items (which reduces the powertrain from 10 years/100,000 miles). Much of the audio system, paint, battery, and things considered "adjustments" have different warranties that would transfer as well. =20

warranty service.

Good morning asnd thanks for the info.

I have applied to study at a US University as an international exchange student for a year.

Seems like nobody wants to lease me a car for 1 year so it looks like I'll have to buy a good used car and accept the loss when I sell it. (Using a rental car on the weekends is another option but will be expensive over a year - but at least I have no hassles with insurance, resale or repairs.)

I have a Hyundai I30 (50mpg diesel) in Australia so I know Hyundais and would be happy to buy an Accent or Elantra.

No good bringing a car from the US to Australia as we drive on the other side of the road. Only vintage cars here are allowed to be LH Drive.

Neville Queensland Australia

Reply to
Neville MADDEN

Buying a good used car in North Carolina and selling it one year later is a reasonable approach. It shouldn't involve a major financial loss, especially if you pay a fair price when you buy the car, drive it carefully, and do a good job on maintenance while you own it.

Reply to
Arye

Good morning,

Yeah. That is what I'm planning at the moment but I still keep buying Lottery tickets!

Thanks

Neville in Oz

Reply to
Neville MADDEN

Forget about getting that car back to Oz, transportation cost, + GST + expenses to get it to comply with Aussie standards will be a lot. Cars are a lot cheaper here, get an I35 (Tucson in the USA) for about $22K brand new, travel around the South (best food, best people) and sell it next year for around $15K, sorry no diesel here, only petrol.

Reply to
Vic RR Garcia