Tune-ups for Santa Fe 2005

Hi all,

I've leased cars in the past (with the exception of owning used cars,) and I have never financed a new car like I just did.

I want to be very correct with the tune-ups, inspections, et cetera.

Should I take it to the Hyundai dealer (where I assume it's going to cost an arm and a leg for a tune-up you can get at the Oil Well for 19.95) where I will get genuine parts and more reliable service?

Perhaps I can buy the genuine Hyundai parts (when the time calls for changing air filters, spark plugs, et cetera,) and take it to the Oil Well?

I was driving this Toyota 4 Runner from 94 which is pretty much a horror show; I feel so good with a new car and with the ride. Couldn't bring myself to spending 40K Plus for a Lexus or BMW SUV. The rides was not all that impressive. For 26K I got an LX 4 wheel Package 2 with 3.5 V6.

BTW, had (am having,) a horrible experience with an Audi A6 4 wheel Quattro. Suffice it to say they know me by my first name at the dealership. At least 18 times in two years for engine failure light problem. Just my 2 cents.

TIA,

Rich

Reply to
Richard Periut

Tire Kingdom has been doing all maintenance on my 2002 Santa Fe. Their computer prints out what needs to be done for warranty at each visit (every 3000). 37,500 was done at 36K. The 30K visit was $150 less than Hyundai dealership & my brake rotor job for rears had us wait as they drove to a Hyundai dealership for the rotors. So they do use Hyundai parts.

Reply to
theawesome1

It's perfectly legal to do your own work and/or to use aftermarket parts, as long as they meet or exceed OEM specifications. It will have no effect on your warranty. Just keep receipts and document what you do in the Maintenance Log that came with your car. If you have the car serviced, make sure they document it in the log.

As for taking the car to a dealer, whether you get treated right or not will vary, as it does with car dealers in general. My local Hyundai dealer is good. I've comparison shopped for similar work and they are price competitive with independent shops.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Thanks all for your valuable input.

Regards,

Rich

Reply to
Richard Periut

I agree.. my dealer treats me excellent... and I get coupons for $19.95 oil changes...

Give the dealer a shot I say....

ElantaStan

Reply to
The Commander