warranty on 2003 elantra gt.

I received and notice in the mail from NDW in st peters mo. saying that my factory warranty is expired or expiring and that I need to purchase a extended warranty on my 2003 elantra. I purchase it with 10,500 miles in febuary 2005 from and hyundia dealer as a repo. Car was first sold in Febuary 2004 new with 24 miles. I thought that the factory warranty was

10years 100,000 mi for original owners and 5 years 60,000 miles for cars bought used, Car has 33,000 miles now. Factory warranty should go until Febuary 2009 and 60,000 miles. Please advise me if this is correct or not.
Reply to
Larry

NDW is not in the warranty business but in the money business. You send them money, they keep it. Now that you understand how it works, you can verify the real warranty with the dealer, not some shady third party.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I thought the 10 year 1000000 mile warranty was only for the original owner.

Reply to
Paradox

**I used to get those all the time for every car I bought, whether or not my vehicle was old or brand new. I ripped them up and threw 'em away. Ignore it. If you are concerned about your actual warranty, then, as another poster said, verify it with a Hyundai dealer.

kaboomie

Reply to
kaboom

That's exactly what the OP said.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

It's a scare tactic used by companies that sell extended warranties.

Reply to
VicTek

You're exactly right, Larry. The mailer you received is simply trying to drum up purchases for their extended warranty. Consumer Reports has had an interesting article or two at least about automotive extended warranties. It's a good place to start research.

Reply to
hyundaitech

That's only partially true. The second owner of the car gets 5-year, 60K miles coverage rather than 10/100. So, you lose 40% of the coverage, but the remaining warranty isn't bad for a used car.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom