Was going to get a Forte

But based on these posts, I think I'll stick with my 10 year old camry. They mostly talk about politics on the toyota blogs. You guys have your hands full with this junk..

Reply to
in2dadark

I'm a bit confused and curious about two things:

*Exactly what, on this Hyundai site, made you change your mind about buying a Kia? and

*Why would you be posting this on the Hyundai site unless you were trying to compare the new Forte with the newest version of the Elantra? There is a Kia site, though admittedly, there isn't a flurry of posting on that site.

If you would ask me, I think you would be happy with the new Forte, unless no car smaller than a Camry would suffice. But the room inside the Forte is as impressive as it gets for a supposedly small car.

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

I admit, I'm waffling. I drove the ford fusion today and let's just say that one is out. Nice car with lousy seats. And driving it actually made me like the Forte even more (as far as best bang for the $$$). I see a lot of issues here. But I will concede hyundai and Kia are moving up the food chain the fastest IMO. If my camry died tomorrow, I'd take a chance on a forte. It's almost the same size as my 10 yo camry (the newer camrys are bigger, of course). And yes I posted here because the Kia site doesn't have a lot of activity.

The forte (sport koupe model) blew me away when I drove it.. But I depend on my car a lot to get to my clients. After reaing these posts, I got spooked on Kia/hyundai. . If I have to use the warranty it's not a good thing. It's a great warranty. But, I'd rather not need it. Toyota looks to be spreading itself too thin and the new camrys make me want to keep the one I have. IMO, honda is for chicks and mazda is just another ford. GM and Chrysler have fed at the taxpayer trough, that eliminates them.

Best price I've been quoted is 18,900 (invoice) on the koup sport model. They said they may be able to do better in west palm. I appeciate that you didn't flame me for my original opinion.I think Kia is on to something. Just don't want to go from a car that gave no problems over 160k miles to one that is a headache from the start.

Reply to
in2dadark

I will admit that Hyundai and Kia dealers seem to be either among THE best or THE worst for service, access to warranties, etc.

If you lived near the dealership serviced by our own Mr. HyundaiTech, I guarantee you that you would experience the former.

And even in my area, there are four dealerships within about 70 miles - apparently two are great to work with, and two are duds.

But don't discount that one near you may be a peach.

[...]

I'm amazed at how well they treat the customer at the dealer I bought my second car from. They greet you quickly and service you promptly, they call after to be sure everything is OK. Tonight I got a call from Hyundai thanking me for buying a car and minutes later the dealer sales manager called and thanked me, wanted to be sure everything was OK and told me to come in for a free oil change. I was also emailed by Hyundai asking about the recent service experience.

They are making a real effort to weed out any second rate dealers from what I can see.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'm confused. There are several posters here saying their current Hyundai is the best car they've ever owned. For comparison purposes, the Forte is basically an Elantra. You can get it with either the 2.0 engine or the 2.4 offered since 2006 in the Sonata. Not sure whether the 2.0 is the one currently used in the Elantra and Tucson or the one based on the Sonata 2.4 (Chrysler-Hyundai-Mitsubishi world engine).

Reply to
hyundaitech

I don't know what other problems people have had but my 2001 elantra with 135000 miles on it has had one major repair done to it. I had the radiator replaced at about 115000 at a cost of $700. This might be the most reliable car I've owned since my '77 celica. Everything else I have needed repaired on this car I was able to swap out in less than an hour and at a cost of less than $100. That has included 2 transmission sensors (input and output speed sensors, very easy to replace by the regular joe) and the valve cover gasket (also easy). Everything else has been regular maintenance. In fact I might be buying a new elantra this week as a second car.

Reply to
Ed