Online Mopar parts source these days? (Q&A)

Update: Answer found below.

Has Chrysler prohibited online parts databases? As recently as last year we could search parts from places such as Mancari's Chrysler in Illinois

Wyckoff's
and Koller Dodge.These places (along with just about every other dealer witha website) still sell parts online, but you have to submit arequest manually and wait for somebody to email you aresponse with the pricing and details. Previously onlinedatabase lookup, pricing, and ordering was available righton the site.

Does anyone know where parts numbers can be searched online and purchased without needing a human response?

Thanks. -------------------- UPDATE: I found what I am looking for at

just before I sentthis message. You can lookup part numbers and purchasethere. I am sending anyway b/c I thought somebody mightfind it useful. I'm still curious why all of those othersites dropped their database lookup though. Maybe it wastoo much trouble at the dealership with small orders. LH transmission input & output sensors appear to be Mopar part numbers 4800878 and 4800879, respectfully. The input sensor is a dollar or so cheaper for some reason. Is a sensor O-ring routinely needed when replacing these sensors? I'm thinking about buying one of each sensor to have on hand, since so many people are having theirs fail. ---------------------

Reply to
Greg Johnson

I believe that Koller Dodge was either bought out or has gone bankrupt. Not sure what happened, if either, but alot of the Neon Owners that I deal with on a daily basis were concerned about current status of orders they had placed with them. It's too bad, Koller was a good place to get parts from.

Reply to
wiggs

I hope not: months ago, they special-ordered the Euro-type side-marker lights for our 300M (and already charged the CC, since it was a special order), and I was thinking it was about time I called to see what was going on.

-=- Alan

On 09/25/03 05:38 am snipped-for-privacy@neons.o.r.g put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Reply to
Alan Beagley

I just ordered from them two weeks ago. No Problems.

Reply to
Jason

They come with "o" ring already installed on sensor.

Lou

Reply to
LG1247

Also Mechanicsville Dodge

in VA has online pricing.

Bill Putney

Good call Bill, I use them as well. Have had good pricing as well as service.

Lou

Reply to
Cirrus99x

Koller Dodge doing well. Wife drives past it every day.

snipped-for-privacy@ne> >

Reply to
Mike Behnke

But when I click on "Parts" on their Web site, I get a message about them no longer being associated with Worldparts -- or something like that.

-=- Alan

On 09/30/03 09:37 pm Mike Behnke put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Reply to
Alan Beagley

So I wonder what happened about the parts they were special-ordering for me a few months back and for which my card was already charged? Time to call the CC company, I think.

-=- Alan

On 10/02/03 12:38 am Bill Putney put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Reply to
Alan Beagley

I called Koller today to get some parts prices - the guy I spoke to said that they are going (or are already?) out of business. New name in the facility will be (is?) Napierville Dodge. He also said that they (Napierville Dodge) will not be doing internet/mail order sales - strictly local business.

Bill Putney

Reply to
Kirk Matheson

Interestingly, I live about a mile from Koller Dodge in Naperville, IL. I was not aware they were going out of business or changing ownership. I do know that I stopped using them for parts or service about 7-8 years back after having a negative service experience, even though they were a 5 Star dealer. (I have been using Bill Kay Chrysler now for parts and occasionally for service which is located about 1/4 mile down the road from Koller and with whom I had been happy).

I am not happy with the high replacement part prices from Chrysler. A couple weeks back I purchased a tensioner ($170), idler ($140), and power steering pump pulley ($65) as well as some other stuff that I also though was overpriced by 5-10 times what it should have been. I'd appreciate recommendations for on-line Chrysler dealers that offer discounts to consumers who still service their own vehicles

BTW, It's kind of funny that I learned about this first from the newsgroup...

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

The tensioner and idler were almost certainly available at lower cost from a reputable aftermarket source.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

And they were.

I doubt if the "current economy" had anything to do with it. Somethin' smells funny when a business as well established and popular as Koller Dodge "goes out of business" and instantly reappears under a new name. I suspect management malfeasance or incompetence, or maybe tax "issues".

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I know, but based my decision to stick with Mopar based on past comments of problems with after market tensioners in this very newsgroup. The truth of the matter is that the old ones were working fine, but as long as I had the

3.5L apart to replace the 3 timing cover/housing to block O-rings, I did not want to have to get in there to replace them any time in the near future so I replaced them along with the water pump and timing belt. ( I carry the old tensioner, idler, and all the belts in my trunk just in case they are needed....)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

snip:

">I know, but based my decision to stick with Mopar based on past comments of

Do ya think that's why they cost more Bob?

Check dealer prices on those parts for a Toyota, Honda or Nissan, then get back to us about high cost of parts!

Dan

Reply to
Dan Gates

I may have to stand corrected on the price of the Japanese Big 3 parts. (maybe not) but a quick check of online prices does not bear out my thoughts. I do know that parts prices (at the stealers) for my two Tercels ('82, '91) were way more than my Escort GT ('87) or my Taurus wagon ('99) for similar items.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Gates

$21.95 for the 3.3l serp belt tensioner from Napa. Looks exactly the same as the factory one to me.

As for quality of aftermarket parts it varies. Some parts do indeed suck. Some are the exact same as OEM because that particular company makes the OEM part as well. Some are better.

If the Chrysler OEM part (serp belt tensioner) is so good, why do they fail all the time?

The tensioner on my GM has 310,000 miles on it and is still running fine.

My Caravan has 40,000 miles on it and the tensioner is squealing already.

psycho

Reply to
psycho_pastrami

Price some Mazda parts and see what you come up with. I priced a generic-looking motor mount for one I had a coupla years ago. They wanted over $200. I replaced all four mounts in my Cadillac for well under that. Ignition switch for the Mazda: also over $200 just for the part (and that was an '87 model).

Bill Putney