Wheels/Snow Tires

What affect? The only affect I've seen is beneficial, it prevents the wheels from locking up separately and losing traction.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Hey!!! I had an S-10 pickup years ago. It was a great truck. A real truck... except a bit on the small side.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Chuckle, yes, it was the size I was referring to... :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Hmm... I dunno about snow - but on the sandy-dirt roads around here I'm much better off giving the e-brake a yank when the ABS kicks on during a panic stop... I wouldn't suggest that maneuver on dry pavement though :)

JS

Reply to
JS

Well there was a K5 blazer that was based on the half-ton PU model at the time. Had both full and part time 4WD options. Like a 2-door short wheelbase Suburban.

JS

Reply to
JS

I agree that in sand or deep snow, locking the wheels is actually beneficial to stopping distance. However, virtually all other occasions are better served by incipient lock-up, but not full lock-up.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting