2000 Isuzu Rodeo questions

Had posed a question a while back about how to read a Vin on a Rodeo I had interest in buying, got some good answers and bought it. Placed it on a lift today for a good look see, so here are a few more questions. Thanks in advance. Do I have to remove the front guard to remove the oil filter and change the oil? Do all Isuzu's of this year have plastic outer cases on the shocks? If I can the BIG muffler, and put a turbo or less restrictive muffler on it will I get better mileage? How the heck do you drop the spare, didn't get an owners manual with the purchase? Can someone point me in a good direction for a web site that may have answers to other questions regards maintained, ect? Thanks again...

JMC

Reply to
JMC

You do not need to drop the front skid plate to change the oil filter but it is better to do so. I am assuming you have the 3.2L V6. If so you can change the filter from above. Place a rag under the filter to catch the drips. I find it easier to remove the skid plate and filter from below. No chance of oil puddles on the skid plate etc. that way.

Changing the exhaust with a cat-back etc. most likely will not increase your mileage enough to make much difference. Todays factory exhaust are not nearly as restrictive as they were years ago. It will sound better though and might pick up a small amount of horsepower in the mid RPM range but lower horsepower in the low RPM's.

JMC wrote:

Reply to
miles

While you don't have to remove the splash pan below the oil filter, I'd advise to do it anyway. I bought my '95 Rodeo used, and while the previous owner changed the oil regularly apparently they never removed the splash pan while doing so. As a result, I had 3 years of spilled oil mixed with road grime to remove, which was a mess.

Reply to
Manuel Garcia