What is to many miles on a Used Truck??

Im looking at a 05 Avalanche it is loaded with sun roof, heated seats, power mirrors everything. Even nice rims.. I put a ad in want to buy on craigs cars/trucks and this guy came right back.. This truck has 113,000 miles he wants $12,500 said his wife is on to him to sell his toys with 2 babies on the way. Other 2 is 06 vet and a Harley.. Is this to many miles??? How do I cipher this???

Reply to
Jack Valance

An 05 with 113k on it is a lot of road miles. People don't usually buy those for off road. That makes the 113K a little less scary in my book. You can look up the book value. Request a service record, maybe do a carfax on it via the VIN. Ask a lot of questions. How much oil does it use. Gas mileage, Maintained as far as timely oil changes. Transmission maintenance like flush and new filter. If the owner isn't willing to sit down and provide you with some answers or is evasive pass on it.

Reply to
A. Baum

I did the CarFax and it shows the 1 owner as he said. No issues it shows we he takes it into the Dealer to get oil changed and serviced he even did a transmission fluid flushed in 2008, Differential and Transfer serviced in 7/2010. Looks like he took care of it..

Reply to
Jack Valance