2001 Rodeo LS Transmission Elelectrical Short Check Engine Gas Gauge Problems

Hi gang,

My wife has the car noted above and sge says her gas gauge says the tank is empty even when there's gas in it, That problem comes and goes. The check engine light is also lighting up, stay on for a while, then go off by itself.

Also, the transmission shifts hard into 2nd gear like it's slipping; bangs hard from 1st gear to 2nd gear.

I also noticed little black grease spots coming from the center of the vehicle I haven't yet crawled under the car to see what exactly is leaking, but it seems too thick to be oil.

I plan to go to the auto parts store to have the codes decyphered, but thought I'd ask the wise Isuzu mechanics on the board for some advice.

It is rainy season and I'm thinking all the problems above are the result from a short caused by moisture or some other short causing thing. The Rodeo is a 4x4, has about 65k miles, automatic transmission, and is driven gently. My inclination is to take it to the dealer since they know their own cars better than anyone, but if all these problems can be fixed easily, then I'd liek to save the time and money.

GB,

Rust

Reply to
Rusty