'89 IMark front wheel bearing

Can anyone provide me with the procedure used for removing and replacing the front wheel bearing on 1989 Isuzu IMark? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
Don Heesen, Jr. via CarKB.com

"Don Heesen, Jr. via CarKB" wrote: > Can anyone provide me with the procedure used for removing and > replacing > the front wheel bearing on 1989 Isuzu IMark? Any help is > appreciated. > Thanks

I?ve usually had to replace the whole hub and spindle assembly. I have done it successfully from junk yard. Any assembly from chevy spectrum or imark from years 86-89 will fit. Be sure assembly isn?t loose and has all grease seals. Even if you buy two or three they are usually cheaper than just one new one from isuzu. Try and get one from earlier than 70000 miles or after 190000 because they usually go bad around 150000-180000 miles depending on side. (Driver?s side earlier). You can talk to isuzu about just bearing and see if they or someone can press old one out and new one in. You can buy junk assembly to do this with and still drive on old one. Or put in junk one and have old one pressed and ready if junk one fails at some point. If cheap enough you can have both sides re-bearinged with junk parts and have them ready as one or other sides go, and they will. Or just pay lots of money and go to isuzu or parts store. I ?ve owned three imark-spectrums and gone through this on all of them. Great dependable cheap car.

Reply to
spec86