VW GOLF Front Wheel Bearing

I would buy the real nut.

al.

Reply to
al

Hello, i have a couple of questions about doing the front wheel bearing on my 1989 VW Golf. I havent done a VW before, so wondering if there is anything special i should be aware of?

Also wondering if anyone can tell me the size of the nut that holds the CV Axle to the hub assembly? i need to buy one, but dont know the size, so any help there would be really appreciated.

Thank you kindly.

Ken

Reply to
Ken

So are you pressing the bearing in and out of the carrier yourself? The nut should be 30mm IIRC.

Do a search on google to see how to do this job. here is one write up

dave AKA vwdoc1

Thanx for the info! Much appreciated!! :)

Reply to
Ken