Dipstick question

Used to let the local garage check my oil, seems they were not doing it correct as I lost an engine due to no oil pressure, as they didn't understand the read of the dipstick. I'll be doing my own read and so I don't screw up the new one, how do you read the dipstick on a 2000 4 cylinder engine, it has these plastic looking beads on it with no markings, not a flat bar with add marks on it.. Any help most approved.

Thanks

Mike

Reply to
jmc