Drain on battery?

Peter, With the battery fully charged and the key off, unplug one battery lead and then plug it back in. Do you get a little spark? Does the battery stay at 12 volts with the cable unplugged for a half hour? If not I'd be thinking battery. If It's still at 12 volts reconnect and let it set for another half hour(with key off). Now if it has dropped a volt, I'd be looking at a drain in the Asuzu, a light on, a faulty ignition switch, etc. If the battery stays at 12 volts for over an hour with cables connected, then I'd be looking at the charging system

Reply to
David Hough

peter J

Reply to
peter J

David...batteries are excellent..all problems are with charging circuit... there is a standing drain on bat`s but i think it is only slight ... alarm ...door locking sys..will check out..when time permitting... in mean time ..i`m going to fit a couple of battery isolating keyed terminals.. demon tweeks should have them.. i`m haveing trouble with posting message... many thanks peter Q..are you Dave of `Bury`?

Reply to
peter J

Who Is this Guy "Sparky The Battery Boy" ???

Reply to
Ploggo