trooper 93 oxygen sensor replacement

the manual for the 93 trooper (dohc, 3.2 liter) mentions there is an attachment (pipe, wire, line) connected permanently to the O2 sensor (the manual calls it the HO2S) and warns against disconnecting or changing the connection

does that mean that only the original isuzu part will work as opposed to a Denso/Bosch replacement O2 sensor? or do the replacement sensors also come with the needed attachment(s) ?

anyone done this replacement - did it require special adapter or special tool(s) ?

Reply to
Jon

sorry I don't know the answer but I have this job scheduled next week and will post back the reply from one of the mechanics unless someone else let's you know the answer first

Reply to
nina harris

I know I'm way late tagging my reply here...but for future reference, the 93 (at least with SOHC) just trips the O2 light at 90k miles. There's a screw you can move in the back of the dash to get it to turn off...simply replacing the O2 sensor won't turn it off. See

for more info on the procedure. Not sure if it's the same or how that works in the 93 DOHC. Our 94 SOHC Trooper's manual mentions that the O2 light is only present in the DOHC equipped Trooper.

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley