Bad year late models ?

Hi all!

I'm considering a 98-2000 XJ and would like some info about the breed. I test drove one car that had a new engine installed in November 03 because the old one 'died' according to the seller. Browsing autotrader, I found someone with another dead engine. Is this common, and if so, through what years/models? I'd like to avoid a serious mistake rather than deal with it.

Regards from Sunny south Florida

Reply to
msfromflorida

I've owned a used 2000 XJ for over 3 years. Couldn't be more pleased with the car's ride, performance and styling, service by the dealer has been great. Best car I've ever owned in over 40 years.

Reply to
muzz