Best Rated threads in Jaguar Autosshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1997 XK8 WIPER PROBLEM
Hello: I have a 97 XK8. The windshield wipers are very erratic. The majority of the time they won't turn of after placing selector in off position. They turn off, seemingly, when they are ready to...
1
1

$947 to change spark plugs
My 2002 S-type 3.0 is due for new plugs, can't for to take it to my local jag dealer, so I would like to do it myself. I found a site that gives a detail description on changing the plugs on the same...
17
17

^*^*^*^/^ Free Girls Gone Wild Videos ^*^*^*^*\*

XJS convertible and child seats
Can anyone recommend a child (forward facing, not infant) car seat that will fit in the rear seats of an 95 XJS convertible? I called the local dealer, but they had no suggestions. . Dan
1
1

S-Type R Brembo Brakes Squeal
Have an 2003 S-Type R. Wonderful car except for one thing. Light braking causes a fairly loud squeal. Dealer said it's common with Brembo brakes and applied a compound (spray I think) which worked but...
4
4

Radio won't work after battery disconnect
I enter the 4 digit security code for my radio, ignition "on" & alternately get the "code" or "wait" message. I have tried several times, with verbal instructions from a local dealer. My owner's...
6
6

Jag's driver's door remains locked yet.
Can't someone help me on this as it is rough crawling over the console from the passenger's door.
10
10

XJ6 engine plate - What do the numbers mean ???
Hi, Could someone explain to me what the numbers on the plate on the drivers side wheel well mean. Mine read as follows. UH2T68544BW 8L55745L 5T37310 02541327 I am hoping that by these numbers I can...
4
4

XJS clutch, slave cylinder operational
Just jacked the car up to find out which half of the system was at fault. I video?d the slave cylinder and it was clearly moving. I am about to take the box off to examine the clutch. ~~Just curious...
5
5

XJS - FF77 CODE
Guess I spoke to soon. Went out for a drive tonight and, after a couple of miles engine stopped again. FF77 displayed. Disconnected and reconnected battery and eventually it restarted; stopped again,...

88 Jag XJ6 power brake problem
The power boost has failed on my 88 XJ 6- self levelling suspension still works fine, and the fluid in the pump is ok- Any one know of some simple tests to determine the problem area? Thanks in...
2
2

jag irs , how strong?
hi , just looking for a irs system for a kitcar , It needs to be strong . I was wondering if anyone would know how much power a jag irs system would take before failing. Also which components tend to...
7
7

Heater Valve needed
I am looking for a NOS heater water flow valve for an S-Type/ 420 / 420G /Mark X / Daimler Sovereign. It is part number C19704 and is a straight through port with a compression nut fitting for the...
1
1

XJ40 wheel bearings
I have noticed a lot of free play in the wheel bearings and horrendous whining noise while driving. i have removed,cleaned and regreased the bearings and still the noise and vibration returns after...
1
1

Question about a Series III, type of petrol (Europe)
After checking on some XJ40, now I have noticed a pair of Series III, on a very nice shape (although maybe a little expensive). But my question is: Do those cars, made on the middle 80's accept...
2
2

XJ6 1991: Hood won't open
The driver-side latch doesn't release. Is there a trick to force it release without tearing open the front panel? Regards Amin
10
10

XJS gearbox problem
Hi folks. I have an 88 V12 XJS 5.3 auto which has been running great until yesterday. Whilst driving home it suddenly started to rev whilst in gear at 60 mph and then no acceleration. When my speed...
5
5

"DSC Not Available" on S-Type R
I just bought a new 2003 S-Type R. After 2 days, the ABS went crazy while I was making a left turn. It settled down after a few seconds then the error message "DSC Not Available" and the "skidding...
2
2

No problem what so ever!
I just have to state this: I love my 1989 XJ 40! I reed this forum and every message is stating somekind of a problem. Thats why I wanted to say this. I love my XJ 40, its the best car I ever had, and...
22
22

XJS AUTO stuck in park
BUGGER, just had to be towed home after my auto 5.3 xjs stuck in park, the shifter stick does move but feels rough as hell. Is it the linkage from the stick to the box or more seriously the gearbox...
5
5