Exhausted

Any recommendations on induction and exhaust upgrades for 3.6 XJS?

Reply to
Discouri

Unless you undertake major cylinderhead work and install high lift , long duration camshafts, there is no benefit in replacing the factory setup. (Its that good.) Oh, and there is no benefit in adding more fuel either. (Chip)

That said, yes there are improvements you can make for better power.

-Replacement of the second set of silencers with eliminator pipe.

-Adding extra length to the intake runners. (Cut open and install velocity stacks, reweld.)

-Machine the mass sensor 2mm larger.

-Remove air box trumpet and install velocity stack.

-Buy a "Green" brand air filter element.

All that will make it more aggressive but not a beast.

Cheers, DieInterim

Reply to
Blake Dodson

"" wrote: > Unless you undertake major cylinderhead work and install high > lift , > long duration camshafts, there is no benefit in replacing the > factory > setup. (Its that good.) Oh, and there is no benefit in adding > more fuel > either. (Chip) > > That said, yes there are improvements you can make for better > power. > > -Replacement of the second set of silencers with eliminator > pipe. > -Adding extra length to the intake runners. (Cut open and > install > velocity stacks, reweld.) > -Machine the mass sensor 2mm larger. > -Remove air box trumpet and install velocity stack. > -Buy a "Green" brand air filter element. > > All that will make it more aggressive but not a beast. > > Cheers, > DieInterim

Thanks for you advice!

Discouri

Replacing the second set of silencers - I've done it on my 3.6 and it now sounds cr*p - louder & like someone spitting down a pipe. No discernable increase in power, although I'm sure there was if you measured it carefully enough. As soon as I can I'm putting original silencers back.

Reply to
Phil

"" wrote: > Replacing the second set of silencers - I've done it on my 3.6 > and it > now sounds cr*p - louder & like someone spitting down a pipe. > No > discernable increase in power, although I'm sure there was if > you > measured it carefully enough. As soon as I can I'm putting > original > silencers back.

Thanks for the advice, will leave them at present. Going for a green filter and cropping the neck right back to open up the amount of air available. Will probably use an old induction kits rubber hose to direct a little more air. Will post a pic when I finish it. Just got this clutch fault to fix now!

Thanks again,

Gary

Reply to
Discouri